Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday Tunage #74


Stunning photography by Gentl and Hyers

What a lovely week it has been, had a musical one as always, got to see The Strokes and Beck live on Thursday at Hyde Park and checking out Kylie, Grace Jones and Chic today!! whoop whoop!!!

I recently started designing again, figured if I am not creatively stimulated in some places, I best get my kicks proactively, besides here of course. Please do head over to my Society6 page and check out some of my designs, at the moment I creating a series titled "Thoughts Made Graphic." in which I think up some stuff during my journey through this world an make a pretty picture about it.




SHOPPING - In Other Words

Three piece band outta my hood of London, a typical indie rock track with a great beat and a mean guitar melody that will have you foot shaking and head swaying, I'm probably going to check out if they have any gigs happening, definitely  a song that should be heard live.





Sean Nicholas Savage - You Changed Me

Quite a character Sean is, got hold of his tracks after a name drop from Mac Demarco, this is one of those dreamy atmospheric number with an even weirder music video







RATATAT - ABRASIVE

Lovely week for a Ratatat track, one of the producers who popped my electro cherry, his distinctive retro sound is all here with a kick ass electric guitar driving the sing along. I still have much love for 2006's Wildcat




Marcus Marr - The Music

Haven't heard Marcus Marr before but this is one funky electro number.




Queen Latifah - U.N.I.T.Y.

A huge part of my 90's was a little show called Living Single, kind of like friends but.. um urban? I loved it so much I recently got the 1st season DVD. Out of that came Queen Latifah, who before becoming an actress and talk show host was a rapper, with peeps such as Naughty By Nature and Brandy. Man the 90's was a great era for Rnb/Hip Hop, none of the glam pop a champagne get drunk stuff they have nowadays, at least we have youtube to revisit these gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment