Monday, September 1, 2014

Album Review - Thomas Barrandon




Can someone please send Thomas Barrandon back through time, specifically the late 70's or 80's and have him work on a soundtrack of a 2001: A Space Odyssey type film project that would be great, thank you. I am über excited to tell you about two things that have occurred today from Mr Barrandon, lets begin shall we?


1. Escape From Earth:

The re-release of Escape From Earth is like an epic space journey via the UDFj-39546284 (look it up) to the outer reaches of the cosmos, at least in my eyes. I'm sure he must have been thinking about the wait when he was creating the opening track "Sense of Wonder", a celestial dance of synths and a pulsating beat builds slowly around your senses that tease towards the epic you are about to embark.



I'm not going to list any more selected tracks off this album as I feel it is an album that should be experienced in its entirety, from beginning to end. Tracks that goose bump me major are; Sense of Wonder, The Turing Test and 2 May Was A Cold Day



2. The Quiet Earth, reworked:

Exactly as its states, a rework of his 2011 album, with all the good tracks that made it a cosmic entity along with a fantastic extra track called Parallax.




There are few musicians in the world that produce exceptional magic that can give your soul a phonic message and Thomas Barrandon does exactly that for me and of course it does help a lot that the album artwork works so well.

Link to Thomas Barrandon's Bandcamp page here.












1 comment:

  1. Well said, I'm huge fan myself. Last year, when I got introduced to his work, I was playing his tunes compulsively at times. Must have pissed off a few neighbors, now that I think about it... Oh well.

    ReplyDelete