Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Tunage #8


Things getting deep and cold...

Theres nothing like hearing music that reflects your current mood, whether it be partaying at all hours to electro or lying on grass patch with folk music. I find when I go through transitional moments of my life I tend to gravitate towards the more reflective melodies a lot. It's not that I choose to listen to "quick dig a grave" lyrics or "raining cats and dogs" piano solos, it's more about the point of thinking about shizzle that will define my life for the next season and I'm able to stitch those thoughts together better with this type of audio aura.

Cat Power - Manhatten (GC's Manhatten, MT Remix)

Its always a tough one tackling a remix from the lady that is Cat Power AKA Charlyn Marie Marshall AKA Chan Marshall, but Goes Calypso does supurb job.



Telepopmusik - Breathe

The mother of all calm down songs, as the title suggests taking in and exhaling a breath can be the difference between a passing frustration and a criminal record.



Pilote - Turtle (Bonobo remix)

Theres just something whimsical yet underlying behind this one, the whistling is a huge part of what I love about this gem, its so happy and uplifting but yet the longer strains could maybe be hiding something else, thats my take on it anyway.



Kings Of Convenience - Weight of my Words (Four Tet Remix)

I remember the the first time hearing this, it was in a coffee shop and I was watching a young lady tend to her coffee shop duties when a dashing young man walked in and they started to talk, the chemistry between them was undeniable, I was engrossed in the conversation against the backdrop of Four Tets KoK remix it was an odd mix of emotions, oh I caught them name of the guy, Clark Kent. It was an episode of Smallville....



Audrey Hepburn - Moon River

"Two drifters, off to see the world, There's such a lot of world to see."

No comments:

Post a Comment