Saturday, June 19, 2010

Illustrator: Adi Granov


In between goal scoring and E3 expo drooling, I'd like to take the time out to show some work done by a fantastic illustrator who has been doing some cover work overtime at Marvel these past few years. If I could use one word to describe Adi Granov's work it would be: Texture. Not just the obvious textures he uses but also the emotive depth he portrays in his hero expressions and almost a "noir" feel as a friend of mine commented. There something very mature with his tone use and layouts. I can honestly say when a piece of his comes into my line of vision my eyes have a "when harry met sally" moment without the fakage (faking). I love his group shots esp the X-men ones. You can find more of his work at his website here

PS his Iron Man was used as a bases for the armor design in the Iron Man movies.





No comments:

Post a Comment